Monday, April 23, 2012

The Difference Between Complaining and Intercession

Numbers 11:14-15: " I am not able to carry all this people alone; the burden is too heavy for me. If you treat me like this, kill me at once, if I find favor in your sight, that I may not see my wretchedness".

Even as this passage has a sad end, I was reminded of the power of intercession. Though Moses was the leader of Israel, this wasn't a model prayer of intercession. We see that Moses also was a human who had been bit by the illness of exhaustion. This is the second time that we see Moses overburdened with his leadership of Israel. The first time he was advised by his father in law to get elders to help him judge among the people. So apparently Moses took his God-assigned responsibilities with much zeal and continued giving far and beyond on his call for duty. I think God knew this, and It's amazing how God saw thru the fog of his hopeless cry for help and still responded with wisdom and help. I think that is the beauty of Intercession. That He always respond to it according to his infinite wisdom. We may not get exactly what we ask for, but we normally get what He thinks is best in that specific situation. In this case Moses got the help that he needed thru 70 more elders.

Now, God is not pleased with complaining which is a blunt rejection of his perfect will. Thus, the results of complaining are always dim and we can clearly see how God wanted Israel to learn that He's certainly powerful to respond to their needs, but also a God that loves discipline so that we learn to ask Him in a way that is pleasing to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment