Sunday, April 22, 2012

We Serve a Timeless God

Genesis 25:23: "The Lord said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger".

Note how tthe Lord knew not only Rebekahs destiny, but also what was going to happen to the destiny of her descendants. The tribes that God was referring to on this verse were a group of people that would take several generations to form. We should also be mindful that God plans for our lives go beyond our lifetime. He is the one standing out of the realm of time, but who is actually able to see and plan its beginning and end.

This verse makes me think about God's ownership of time and of our lives, and helps me rest assured that He's in control of both in my life. I don't have to be anxious about time management or being especially super efficient every day of my life, as I serve a Lord that works in me. For him a thousand years is like a day and a day is like a thousand days. Yes, I have to be a good steward of what I have been given, but not to the point of anxiety of restlessness, but with the assurance that God will lead me to fulfill his plans in and thru my life on his perfect timing, He know best how much time and what I need to experience to accomplish this. I don't need to outperform God.

No comments:

Post a Comment