Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It was His Idea

Exodus 3:4 -"When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!"And Moses said, "Here I am".

As I read the story of this first encounter between God and Moses, I'm reminded of How God is the one who always takes the first initiative to reach out to us. If you think about it, Moses wasn't particularly an extraordinary man. He was a child from the Levite tribe as many more of his contemporary isaraelite fellows. He wasn't particularly spiritual, or was at the dessert as a way to offer penance and look for God. No, he was there as a result of wanting to take justice on his hand and fleeing for his life as he was sought after to be killed by Pharaoh. Furthermore, if we check the way Moses responds to God, we can see how little he actually tought of Himself. However, God in His infinite wisdom and grace chose him for a very special mission. Here we see God approaching Moses, taking that first step and chosing him for a holy and history changing task.

I have seen this the bible quite often. Even when He first called Abraham to become the very first man to be part of God's chosen people. He drove him out of his pagan family. Why Abraham? Because of God's prerrogative. Nothing else.

In the same way He loves us and chose us, because He wants to, because He wills. No because we deserve it. He quite often find us in the most deplorable or indiferent conditions. Actually sometimes more than once, even after we have given our lives to Him after that first encounter. And then the doubts come.
I'm here then reminded of my worth in Christ is not based on how I see myself, and not even how effectively talented, spiritual, popular or succesful I am in life. But my worth is based on God's love for himself and determination to fulfill his purposes in this world and thru my life. Such determination and love led Him to take that first step, to give his Son's life for me and them draw me near to him to be part of His purposes. What more reassurance do we need?
I know the never ending controversy between the doctrines of predestination and free will have divided many. however, regardless of what position you take on this matter, it's only thru God's first move to reach out to us to Christ, that we can even consider coming to Him! He's just awesome!

Thank you God for thinking so highly of us that you consider us worthy of calling us your children. Thanks for making us part of your family and making us active part of your unfathomable purposes. Let us always be reminded of this when shadows of doubts about our worth in Christ are cast over our hearts. Thank you for loving us and choosing us first.

No comments:

Post a Comment